▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Faculty of Life Sciences - English

History


Ebbinghaus
Hermann Ebbinghaus
(1850-1909)
Lewin
Kurt Lewin
(1890-1947)
Köhler
Wolfgang Köhler
(1887-1967)


1810 Foundation of the University of Berlin by Wilhelm von Humboldt
1879-1884 Learning experiments by Hermann Ebbinghaus at the University of Berlin
1890 Foundation of Institute
1890-1921 Director of the Institute: Carl Stumpf
1920-1933 Research by Kurt Lewin at the Institute
1922-1935 Director of the Institute: Wolfgang Köhler
1935-1945 Nazification: Persecution of „Jewish psychology“, misuse of psychology to promote racial and military goals
1945 Destruction of the Institute by air bombardment
1946-1954 Denazification, reestablishment of the Institute as GDR institution
1946-1961 Director of the Institute: Kurt Gottschaldt
1949 University of Berlin changes its name to Humboldt University
Institute moves to Oranienburger Strasse 18 (Campus Mitte)
1962-1990 Director of the Institute: Friedhart Klix
1990-1993 Restructuring of the Institute after German reunification (1989)
1992-1994 Provisional director of the Institute: Hartmut Wandke
1994 Director of the Institute becomes elected office
1994-1997 Director of the Institute: Bodo Krause
1997-2000 Director of the Institute: Werner Sommer
2000-2002 Director of the Institute: Peter Frensch
2002-2004 Director of the Institute: Bodo Krause
2003 Institute moves to Rudower Chaussee 18 (Campus Adlershof)
2004-2006 Director of the Institute: Elke van der Meer
2006-2008 Director of the Institute: Norbert Kathmann
2008-now Director of the Institute: Jens Asendorpf